Habitat for Humanity of the Tri-State (HFHTS) is an equal opportunity housing provider. HFHTS considers applicants without regard to race/color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age or familial status.
If you would like to apply to become a Habitat homeowner, there are certain criteria you must meet for selection into our program. HFHTS is looking for individuals who:
- Live in housing that is substandard, in bad condition, or overcrowded;
- Have a steady dependable income that enables you to meet the requirements of homeownership. We follow income guidelines based on the number of people in the family (see guidelines below);
|2019 HUD Income Guidelines||PIH - Persons in Household|
- Have a good credit history in handling your debt. In our evaluation of your credit report, we do not consider medical bills as part of your debt. You must not have filed for bankruptcy within the last three years;
- Are willing to partner with us by providing hours of work, called "sweat equity," on our Habitat houses, including your own;
- Have lived in Cabell County, WV; Lawrence County, OH; Scioto County, OH; Boyd County, KY or Greenup County, KY for at least six months.
If you are approved, you will have the opportunity to purchase a new home at an affordable price through a mortgage loan provided by HFHTS. You will be required to make a down payment and be faithful in making your monthly mortgage payments.
Please call our office at (304) 523-4822 for more information.